Find Flood Assistance at
This week North Dakota and Minnesota experienced some of the worst flooding in over a century. Communities along the Red River have already seen severe damage and and are here to help evacuees impacted by the rising waters.

If you?ve been affected by the recent flooding, here are a few programs that may assist you:

National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP)
Flood insurance is available to any property owner located in one of the over 19,000 US communities participating in the NFIP. In order to qualify for this benefit program, you must live in, or own property or a business in an area that is prone to flooding and you must be in need of disaster relief assistance or guidance.

Disaster Housing Program
The Disaster Housing Program provides housing assistance in the form of a grant to individuals whose homes sustained damage as a result of a Presidentially declared disaster. To qualify for assistance, the damaged home must be your primary residence, and be located in the disaster-declared area. If insured, a claim should be filed. This program provides grants for lodging expense reimbursement, minimal home repairs and rental assistance.

Casualties, Disasters and Theft
This program offers tax relief for casualty losses that result from the destruction of, or damage to, your property from any sudden, unexpected, or unusual event such as a flood, hurricane, tornado, fire, earthquake or even volcanic eruption.

Disaster Unemployment Assistance
The Disaster Unemployment Assistance program provides unemployment benefits to individuals who have become unemployed as a result of a Presidentially declared major disaster.

You can also download helpful step-by-step advice on cleaning up, rebuilding and getting help after a flood from FEMA?s Repairing Your Flooded Home page.

To find more disaster related forms of assistance and apply online, visit