After a Presidential disaster declaration is made, you may be eligible for disaster assistance, including grant assistance, from the Federal Emergency Management Agency's (FEMA) Federal Assistance to Individuals and Households Program (IHP). After you register with FEMA for disaster assistance, FEMA will consider you for several sorts of IHP assistance, including grants to repair or replace your damaged primary residence, and temporary housing assistance (including rental assistance).
General Program Requirements
In order to be eligible for this program, you must be a U.S. citizen, non-citizen national, or qualified alien, and:
- You must have losses in an area that has been declared a disaster by the President of the United States
- Your primary residence has been affected, and damages to your primary residence are disaster related
- Your primary residence is uninhabitable or inaccessible
- The disaster-caused need cannot be met through other forms of disaster assistance or insurance
- Your have insufficient or no insurance.
Your Next StepsThe following information will lead you to the next steps to apply for this program.
To apply for this program please contact FEMA at 1-800-621-FEMA (3362) or visit:
Program Contact Information
For more information about this program please call:
Or visit the following site: