The Department of Veteran's Affairs (VA) provides comprehensive medical services for women Veterans including:
- Health promotion and disease prevention
- Primary care
- Women's gender-specific health care, e.g., hormone replacement therapy, breast and gynecological care, maternity and limited infertility (excluding In-vitro fertilization)
- Acute medical/surgical, telephone, emergency, and substance abuse treatment
- Mental health services
- Domiciliary, rehabilitation, and long-term care
This program is available at all VA Medical Centers.
General Program Requirements
You must be enrolled in the VA health care system (or qualify based on one of the exceptions in the law). Go to "Medical Benefits Package" to see the program requirements.
Generally, in order to receive VA benefits and services the Veteran/Servicemember's character of discharge or service must be under other than dishonorable conditions (e.g., honorable, under honorable conditions, general). However, individuals receiving undesirable, bad conduct, and other types of dishonorable discharges may qualify for VA benefits depending on a determination made by VA.
Your Next StepsThe following information will lead you to the next steps to apply for this program.
For information on how to apply, contact the Women Veterans Program Manager at your nearest VA Medical Center for help with VA health care services.
Program Contact Information
If you have questions:
- Visit the Inquiry Routing & Information Systems (IRIS) website to search Frequently Asked Questions or ask a question online
- Call 1-877-222-8387
To apply for additional benefits and view your benefit status, open an eBenefits Premium account. eBenefits is a one-stop source for information on VA benefits and services. With a free Premium level eBenefits account, Veterans, Servicemembers and their family members can conduct self-service transactions such as checking claim status information, GI Bill enrollment, and obtaining copies of civil service preference letters, DD Form 214, and other personal information. For further information and to register for a free Premium level account, visit the eBenefits website.