Skip to Content Skip to Content
Benefit Details
Nebraska Aid to Dependent Children (ADC)
Managing Agency Nebraska

Program Description

Nebraska Aid to Dependent Children (ADC) provides cash assistance to low-income families with minor children. ADC income is used to pay for family living expenses like rent, utilities, food, clothing, and other necessities. ADC is often the only source of cash assistance for a family.

In some instances, ADC families may consist of children and both parents. In other situations, there may be a parent absent due to separation, divorce, or death. In instances where both parents are absent, a different family member such as a grandparent, aunt, or uncle may receive ADC on behalf of the child(ren). All ADC adults who are able must participate in the Employment First program. Employment First provides training, education, work experience, and employment related activities and supportive services to ADC adults.

General Program Requirements

In order to qualify for this benefit program, you must be a resident of Nebraska, either pregnant or responsible for a child under 19 years of age, a U.S. national, citizen, legal alien, or permanent resident, have low or very low income, and be either under-employed (working for very low wages), unemployed or about to become unemployed.

Your Next Steps

The following information will lead you to the next steps to apply for this benefit.

Application Process

To apply online for Nebraska Aid to Dependent Children and all other benefit programs administered by the Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services please fill out an application using ACCESSNebraska.

To contact your local Health and Human Services System about Nebraska ADC, please visit:

Program Contact Information

To learn more about Nebraska ADC please visit: