Program DescriptionThe Family Assistance Administration's mission is to assist individuals and families in improving their quality of life.
The Family Assistance Administration (FAA) helps individuals and families achieve independence and self-sufficiency by providing temporary assistance in meeting their immediate basic needs. The FAA provides Cash Assistance and Supplemental Nutrition Assistance to eligible participants, determines eligibility for Medical Assistance, and refers participants to other departmental and community resources for assistance.
General Program RequirementsIn order to qualify for this benefit program, you must be a resident of the state of Arizona and fall into one of two groups: (1) those with a current bank balance (savings and checking combined) under $2,001, or (2) those with a current bank balance (savings and checking combined) under $3,001 who share their household with a person or persons age 60 and over, or with a person with a disability (a child, your spouse, a parent, or yourself).
Your Next StepsThe following information will lead you to the next steps to apply for this program.
To apply for this program, you have two options:
- To apply online, visit: https://www.healthearizona.org/app/Default.aspx, or
- To apply in person, first print out application form FA-001- Application for Assistance, in your desired language and format: https://egov.azdes.gov/cmsinternet/appforms.aspx?category=75. Then, locate your nearest FAA office by visiting https://egov.azdes.gov/CMSInternet/main.aspx?menu=162&id=3494 and set up an appointment.
Please note- clients must have the following information available when applying:
- Social Security numbers for everyone, or proof they applied for a Social Security number
- Alien registration cards if there are non-U.S. citizens in the household
- Name, address and daytime phone number of a landlord or neighbor, if available
- A statement verifying your address and the names of everyone living with you. The statement must be made by a non-relative who doesn't live with you and must be signed, dated and include the non-relative's address and telephone number
- Proof of all money your household received from any source last month and this month
- Registration/titles for all vehicles
- Bank or credit union statement (savings or checking) for the most recent month
- Proof of Savings Bonds, securities, retirement plans and life insurance
- Copies of rent/mortgage and utility bills (electric, water, gas, etc.) for the most recent month
- Proof of childcare expenses for the most recent month
- Proof of recurring medical expenses for anyone in the household age 60 and older, blind, or disabled.
Program Contact Information
1-800-352-8401 or 1-602-542-9935